FEDC’s mission is to serve as the Florida economic development community's primary resource for peer connection, professional development and advocacy.
Active Economic, Workforce, and Community development professionals in both the public and private sectors receive exclusive or discounted access to benefits from FEDC and our Research & Education Foundation, which include networking opportunities, educational and leadership programs, professional recognition, and access to a career center and online member community. Membership is open to students, individuals, organizations, and corporations who strive to strengthen local communities and elevate Florida’s global competitiveness. Prospective members must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree, a technical certification, or five years professional involvement in economic development; or, are enrolled in a technical college, state college, or university;
- Be currently employed at a company, nonprofit organization, or governmental entity providing services to and/or leading economic, workforce and community development in a Florida city, county, region, or at the state level;
- Submit the required application form;
- Pay Annual Student, Individual, Agency, or Sustaining Investor Membership Dues;
- Abide by the terms of the FEDC Bylaws and FEDC Foundation Bylaws (copies provided upon request).
Individuals who meet all other criteria but are not currently employed (retired, job hunting, or on sabbatical, for example) are eligible for Individual Membership. Memberships are on an annual basis from the date joined. Membership dues are used to support the activities of FEDC. Dues or any of the association assets are not used for political contributions. If you have any questions, please contact jblackman@FEDConline.org.
Member-centric opportunities include:
- Recognition in Florida Trend’s Business Florida Magazine – an annual publication of the Florida Economic Development Council
- Daily Economic Development News Updates via Social Media
- Economic Development News Summaries via Email
- Membership in an online Community of Economic, Workforce, and Community Development Professionals
- Recognition for Your Work
- Career Center to post job openings and seek new opportunities
- Remaining Current with Ever-Changing State Economic, Workforce, and Community Development Programs
- Sharing of Best Practices Among Industry Professionals
- Having a Voice in State and Federal Economic Development Policy
- Highlighting Your Organization in FEDC Communications
- Developing and Maintaining a Network of Experienced Professionals
- Attendance and/or Visibility at the Annual Florida Economic Development Conference
- Advancement of your Career via Training and Certification Courses
- Access to Forums and Networking Events
- and much more!
Sustaining Investor Membership
Sustaining membership provides savings for organizations and companies with multiple FEDC members. All packages include the member benefits listed above, PLUS adds significant visibility for your organization. Sustaining Investors engage with high performing organizations who are dedicated to elevating Florida’s global competitiveness. Click here for a list of Sustaining Investor benefits.